Careers At Drill Tech
Drill Tech is always on the look out for dedicated professionals looking to join our team. Take a look at our job openings, or go ahead and send us your resume in case we have a relevant opening in the future.
Drill Tech is always looking to add to our family in the positions below.
We currently have an opening for a Payroll Specialist. The position is available immediately. Candidates must be eager to learn, energetic and able to multi-task. Individuals must be dependable, conscientious, aggressive, and enjoy working in a team environment with a growing dynamic company. We are seeking candidates that conduct business in a professional and ethical manner using strong communication skills with all people.
A successful candidate will be hard working, very organized, detail oriented, maintain a positive attitude, a people person, perform tasks with great accuracy, actively double check work product, maintain a customer service approach and work with a large diversity of personalities.
The duties of this position:
• Assist in the processing of weekly payroll.
• Process VOE’s accurately and timely without delay
• Report new hires within 20 days of hire date to CA EDD
• Manage vacation balances and accruals for non-union fulltime office employees for all divisions
• Process 401k payroll deductions
• OCIP reporting
• Resourceful, able to identify problems and find solutions
• Eager to learn new process/procedures
• Respectful of company policies, enforcing policies as needed
• Strong ability to be self-sufficient by creating how-to-manuals to keep yourself organized and to prevent yourself from having to ask the same question more than once
• Use and maintain checklists for daily and recurring tasks.
• Experience: 5 years minimum in payroll; 3 years minimum doing payroll in the construction industry; 1 year minimum processing high volume payroll (300 to 600 employees); payroll processing for union and non-union employees.
• Experience processing payroll in other states is a plus.
• Certified payroll processing using labor compliance web portals to upload CPR’s such as LCP Tracker, Elation Systems, eMars, etc.
• DIR CMU site experience.
• Experience with Sage 100, or equivalent.
• Extensive experience in processing annual union increases and changes to union fringe benefit package
• Highly proficient in Excel and 10-key Data Entry. Must be able to create formulas, perform pivot tables and vlookups
• Experience in working with and maintaining confidential and sensitive info such as pay rates, raises, promotions/demotions, bonuses, layoffs/terminations, etc.
• Strong negotiation skills while remaining pleasant
• Salary is based on experience;
• Health benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage
• 401k plan
If you feel you are good fit and a qualified candidate, please send us your resume!